Terms of Service and Rules
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content and accounts ("Content"). Content submitted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. All Content you submit or upload may be sent to third-party verification services (including, but not limited to, spam prevention services). Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content submitted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
All rules listed here apply to Slack and all other communication mediums (e.g. Github) used by the Nyx team. Additional rules for Slack apply, and can be found in Slack itself.
The following is a rough summary of what this entails:
- Do not insult other forum users (staff included). If you cannot provide help, do not reply.
- Do not discuss or distribute pirated music, software (including plugins), television shows, and especially copies of Terraria.
- Do not insult Redigit. He is a human, just like you. Criticise his code, not him as a person.
- Do not insult Terraria Online players.
- Do not spam.
- Do not post vulgar, lewd, offensive, or inappropriate languages or images.
- Do not attempt to evade or circumvent the word censor.
- Do not discuss administration grievances in public.
- Report posts that violate the rules; do not execute vigilante justice.
- Slack: Do not change the channel topic, purpose, or go too far off topic.
- Slack: Do not use crude/vulgar language in channels that aren't private or #random.
- Slack: Do not use @maka commands outside of whitelisted channels such as #random or #maka-spam. Using Maka commands is granted to users after some period of time, and may be revoked without warning for violating these rules.
- Slack is not IRC, and some features lack protection from conventional users. As a workaround, our chat bot, Maka, attempts to enforce some of these moderation functions, such as topic locking. That still doesn't make it okay to try to break Maka or Slack.
- Do not promote, encourage, or display malicious behavior.
- DoS attacks of any sort are not permitted. Threatening or displaying acts that fall into this category will result in immediate level 7 warning (a permanent ban).
The catch all:
- Do not attempt to circumvent or bypass a rule above by using clever logic or reasoning (e.g. insulting Facepunch members, because they weren't directly mentioned here).
Warnings and points:
- Warning 1: Account probation -- you are verbally warned and may suffer account restrictions past this point (1 week duration from warning given). Points expire after one month.
- Warning 2: Account ban -- you are temporarily banned for one day.
- Warning 3: Account ban -- you are temporarily banned for five days.
- Warning 4: Account ban -- you are temporarily banned for one week.
- Warning 5: Account ban -- you are temporarily banned for two weeks.
- Warning 6: Account ban -- you are temporarily banned until your account drops below 5 active warnings.
- Warning 7: Account ban -- your account is permanently banned and will not be restored.
Privacy: We will never share your personal information with any third party for any reason if your information is private. We will never sell nor give away free your information.