Summary: Stickers are now 1/$10 donated. It costs $50/mo to keep the lights on, but we have more expenses than that in some months (around $200-$300 extra).
We've mailed out our first batch of TShock stickers to the following people who have donated recently or won the Zero Day award. In addition, we've decided to offer stickers to donors at all levels starting now. But before we get to that, let's get to how much it costs to run TShock.
I've been somewhat quiet about our monthly costs, because our monthly costs vary widely. Of course, we pay for the dedicated hardware and backup systems that run the forums, the update server, the stat tracker, and the Bamboo build service. This monthly cost is $50 per month, but doesn't include things like upgrading the forums, paying for the domains (nyxstudios.co, tshock.co), paid XenForo addons, Amazon S3 (when we've used it), and other expenses that we incur on a semi-irregular basis. If you total those costs, there is around $200-$300 of additional overhead that we have on an irregular basis.
Most large TShock servers are hosted on hardware that is much more expensive than we pay for. Our infrastructure was planned out to be as minimal as possible, while still able to deliver on performance and high bandwidth usage situations. We use services like CloudFlare to reduce our server bandwidth use and to improve page load times, as well as high performance web server software (like NGINX) to deliver the rest of our services in lighting quick times.
In order to be more transparent, we will now be publishing the donation amounts for each month in the footer, as well as providing a summary on a regular basis of how we covered each month. These summaries will not be published on the front page, but somewhere else with a log of how we're doing.
Starting now, we're offering donation levels up to $100, and recurring donations up to $50. For every $10 you donate, you can request a sticker. The sticker requests are in the donor...
Page 12 of 15
Created by Ijwu
- Mar 23, 2015
Somehow @Patrikk did it again and now we have a stylish userbar for use in your favorite* forum signature!
If you want to add it to your signature on TerrariaOnline then here's some BBCode prepared for you:
Created by nicatronTg
- Mar 15, 2015
Welcome to TShock for Terraria, version 4.2.9 for Terraria 188.8.131.52. This bugfix release primarily solves problems with commands not functioning or displaying correct error messages as a result of adding the silent command specifier in the previous version. Download now.
- The server console can now use the silent command specifier in addition to the normal command specifier when executing commands.
- Temporary bans now function correctly.
- The SSC error message is now formatted correctly.
- The deprecated GetUsers() methods, which returned strings, have been removed in favor of GetUsers(true/false) which returns a List of strings (users) that can be concatenated by developers instead.
- PlayerCommandEventArgs now passes the command prefix to hooking plugins.
- Fast people: this is the 4.2.8 thread for 4.2.9 which really does fix temporary bans this time.
Created by Wight
- Mar 13, 2015
Over the past few days @Patrikk has been working hard on making us a shiny new forum banner:
Thanks a bunch!
If you want to add it to your signature on TerrariaOnline then here's some BBCode I prepared earlier:
If you want to add it to your signature on the Terraria Community Forums (TCF) then here's some more BBCode I prepared earlier:
Created by nicatronTg
- Mar 12, 2015
Over the last week or so, several changes have been made to the community behind the scenes. Here's an overview of the updates the community has had:
- @Wolfje's community is migrating to this one. @Wolfje's forums are his to moderate, and may expand or contract with his wishes. Welcome!
- The rules have been updated, including a better warning ladder. At maximum, a warning given will correlate to one point. At minimum, zero. Only the most outrageous of offenses will trigger one point in a given warning, and the ladder suggests that two of these large offenses will begin triggering bans.
- Admins are not bulletproof. In the previous version of XenForo, admins could not be issued warnings. They are now subject to the same system as normal users.*
- The censor has been updated. Links to Bamboo are now possible, and many curse words have been censored. Tripping the censor excessively may lead to a warning for improper language.
- Admins police ad-hoc, passively and actively. If you believe a post is offensive, report it immediately, or an admin may miss it and not act on it. Reporting a post is your best way to ensure a clean community environment.
- The admins @Rosen, @Kamilion, and @rahlzel have been removed due to inactivity.
- Approximately 20 plugin developers have been removed due to inactivity.
- Based on the vote in this thread, results were inconclusive due to lack of participation. As a result, tool submission without source, as well as plugin submission without source, will be evaluated based on prior community participation, rationale, and trustworthiness. Exceptions will be granted in very specific cases, for the time being. Those current exceptions include @GrandPa-G's currently removed remote...
Page 12 of 15