Since we've added Resource Manager, we now have the capability of hosting more than TShock addons, but tools made by the community as well. We have traditionally allowed for plugins to be posted only with source code, for the following benefits:
With that being said, however, it is important to note that being open source does not reflect code safety, as it is difficult, if not impossible, for our small team of developers to decompile, verify, and audit all code in all plugins each release or update. Meanwhile, some plugins and tools sit in a risky gray area where no source is provided, but they are not directly TShock plugins (are not loaded by the server on startup) or are obfuscated purposefully to deter cheaters.
- To encourage community development and contribution.
- To allow resurrection of plugins from older API versions and to promote them for newer releases of TShock.
- To encourage security by allowing audits of publicly released code.
Please provide feedback as to whether or not we should allow closed source plugin and tool releases by voting in this poll and discussing the ramifications.
Page 1 of 2
Comments: 14 Views: 124Continue reading»
Created by Olink
- Aug 9, 2014
For those that were not around when this project was initially created (about a month before 1.2), White Lotus is a project that bridges the gap between user and server in terraria, by allowing you to link actual TShock accounts to a Steam account.
How it works
Comments: 39 Views: 3538Continue reading»
- You define a group, for users that are Steam Authed via White Lotus, and you give them the permissions that you want only Authed users to have (such as building).
- You sign up at our website and create a server account. This account allows you to customize your rest ip/port, default group, unique identifier, and other things.
- A user joins your server. He is put into whatever your guest group is. It is up to you as the server owner if you wish to restrict their permissions etc.
- A message is broadcasted to the user mentioning that this is a White Lotus server and that they need to create an account @ White Lotus to gain benefits on your server.
- The user goes to White Lotus
- User logs into steam, via steams web api, and we get a token back from steam confirming who they are.
- User puts in the unique key you defined when you created your server.
- User enters username and password. Only the username is stored on our database, the password is sent to Tshock for the user creation step.
- The user can now log into their account on your TShock server.
- You can now ban that user, using TShocks commands, or using the steamban feature. The steam ban feature will ban that steam id from being used on your server ever again. This will prevent proxies, name changes, uuid changes, etc.
- You can optionally enable the global ban feature. If a user creates or logs into a steam account where their steam id is banned on more than 'x' servers (your threshold) they are auto steam banned from your server. You can also simply enable notifications, which broadcast a message to everyone on your server with a certain permission that the user has 'x' global bans....
Created by Olink
- Feb 23, 2015 at 12:35 AM
The answer? 1,260,976. Thats a lot. I wish we were monitoring this so we could have had a cool, "TShock has over 1 million downloads!" thread.
Thanks for being supporters of our hobby project, and making a pretty successful venture~!
(before you ask, the image only shows the releases API, there were 284,368 downloads on the older download page)Comments: 3 Views: 114Continue reading»
Created by nicatronTg
- Feb 22, 2015
Hi! TShock 4.2.6 ensures plugin compatibility with the 4.2.5 release.
Comments: 9 Views: 649Continue reading»
- Plugins that use SqlTable.EnsureExists were breaking in the previous version, and this plugin adds that signature back (#826).
- SqlTable.EnsureExists (void) has been deprecated in favor of SqlTable.EnsureTableStructure (bool). Please update your plugins accordingly.
Created by nicatronTg
- Feb 21, 2015
This is TShock for Terraria, 4.2.5 for Terraria 126.96.36.199. Also, check out the new plugin section, complete with XenForo resource manager, and a spiffy new set of forums! Plugin authors, please create new resources using resource manager as soon as possible. The old forums will be removed soon!
Comments: 8 Views: 351Continue reading»
- The automatic update checker is now powered by mimic, and works on Mono without using the infamous Mozroots workaround (#836).
- REST now supports using UTF-8 in order to support Terraria's newly added support for UTF-8 (#858).
- The group management system no longer creates the default groups if they aren't present (feel free to delete vip and admin without hassle now).
- The /user commands no longer have success and then fail afterwards or silently (#543).
- Add account create & delete hooks (#859).
- The update manager no longer shuts down after a single failed request. If it fails a request, it decreases the retry time to 5 minutes to attempt to get a better retry sooner rather than later.
Page 1 of 2