I wanted to fill everyone in again on what's been going on with the Discord situation.
Discord has maintained the following:
Discord has further concluded that since I'm the owner of the server, I'm responsible for all messages posted on the server, including anything sent from just normal, average user. As a result, if I didn't take action by removing a post by a user that promoted cheats or hacks, then the server must be terminated as it promotes cheats or hacks. In other words: if I failed to remove something, then the entire server is in jeopardy.
- Our server has been promoting cheats and hacks. We disagree with this reasoning, and Discord has not actually told us any message that spurred the initial server + account ban.
- My account is not in violation of the Discord terms of service. They agree that I didn't promote any hacks and cheats, and actually reversed my account ban.
- The TShock for Terraria project is a legitimate project, officially sanctioned by Re-Logic, but the Pryaxis server was promoting, encouraging, or distributing cheats.
I have reproduced the entire email from Discord:
Hi nicatronTg,All of us on the TShock Team (and by extension,...
Thanks for the update. On further review, I've lifted the ban on your account.
The server in question was found to be distributing, promoting, or encouraging cheats. I understand that TShock is legitimate, but we were able to locate content showing the server was being used for the promotion or encouragement of cheating in our investigation.
We won't be able to restore the server, but you are welcome to create a new one. Going forward, you'll want to be sure that you are moderating your server properly and removing any content related to cheats or hacks for our or any other service, which was likely the problem here. As server owner, its your responsibility to ensure our community guidelines are being enforced within that server.
Page 1 of 13
Created by nicatronTg
- Jun 18, 2018
Discord has terminated our server and my account. Until it's restored, we have an alternative: https://t.me/pryaxis.
We're working with both Discord and Re-Logic to get my account and the server reinstated. The full email is copy-pasted below:
Discord is focused on maintaining a safe and secure environment for our community, and your account has been flagged by the Discord community for violations of our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Our team has reviewed the claim and taken action by disabling your account.
Your account was involved in promoting or encouraging illegal activity including hacking, cracking or the distribution of pirated software, cheats or hacks for our or another company's service.
Discord Trust & Safety Team
As you know, TShock is six years old and has a large following. We're also officially sanctioned by Re-Logic. We're going to continue working to get our Discord server restored.
Putting this in here so people don't have to scroll to see the update
An update on this:
Discord reversed the ban on @nicatronTg's account, but stated that they had definitive proof that we broke their ToS and will not be reinstating the server.
Despite this we have been informed we may freely make a new server. Make of that what you will
We will not be using Discord moving forward
Created by nicatronTg
- Mar 4, 2018
Throughout the development of TShock, we've been extremely fortunate to have some of the most talented engineers in the world working with us. One developer in particular contributed an immense amount of effort behind the scenes. Though you may not know him by name, many of you know him by his work. He built the entirety of server side inventories, both on the TShock side, as well as the Re-Logic side. He worked closely with Re-Logic to ensure that it could be implemented as deeply and yet as unobtrusively as possible. Before that, he worked closely with us and Re-Logic to fix bugs, preventing world deletion, character loss, server crashes, and client crashes. A little after he helped with SSI, he went on to help build secure infrastructure for what many consider to be the largest internet host, Amazon Web Services. Though he worked in the background, his impact couldn't have been more profound. Not just on the project or at AWS, but on me too. He taught me a lot about life, both indirectly and directly.
Tragically, however, we have lost him. We have lost Zidonuke.
May the memory of him and his friends live on in our hearts. May we never forget the impact he had on Terraria, and the impact he had on the internet at Amazon. May we never forget the impact he had on us as a team, and everyone around him.
He will forever be missed.
Created by nicatronTg
- Dec 12, 2017
This is an important, emergency, critical hotfix for TShock 4.3.24 and all versions of the Terraria Server running Terraria Protocol 126.96.36.199 (194). This patch fixes potential irreversible world damage, denial of service attacks, and more.
Install now via GitHub Releases.
Created by Wight
- May 14, 2017
It's here at last. Thanks for being patient and bearing with us, it's been a strenuous update period.
Huge thanks to everyone who helped us test, fixed bugs, and in general provided the support we need to do the job we do.
The changelog is short and sweet, but don't let it fool you. This was a big job.
If you contributed and your name isn't included in here, you're still amazing and incredible. Thank you so much
* Updated OpenTerraria API to 188.8.131.52 (@DeathCradle)
* Updated Terraria Server API to 184.108.40.206 (@WhiteXZ, @hakusaro)
* Updated TShock core components to 220.127.116.11 (@hakusaro)
* Terraria Server API version tick: 2.1
* Added OnNpcKilled hook to Server API: 2.2 (@tylerjwatson)
* Added CreateCombatTextExtended (119) to PacketTypes. This packet allows for the same functionality that packet 82 (CreateCombatText) used to have. Huge shoutout to the Terraria devs for adding this specially for us <3 (@WhiteXZ)
* Updated ServerBroadcast hook to provide a NetworkText object. (@tylerjwatson)
* Fixed levers and things not updating properly. (@deathcradle)
* Deprecated PacketTypes.ChatText. Chat is now handled using the NetTextModule and packet 82. (@WhiteXZ, @Hakusaro)
* Removed the -lang command-line flag from TShock. It is now a vanilla feature. (@Hakusaro)
Without further ado, here's the release link: https://github.com/NyxStudios/TShock/releases/tag/v4.3.24. Download and enjoy
Page 1 of 13