It's that time again, yet another TShock release has arrived.
As usual, we'll start off with some thanks to the awesome people who've made this possible.
@Simon311 found a nasty exploit and patched it for us. Thanks man
@Onsen has toiled endlessly (I assume) to figure out what's wrong with our NPC and item spawning stuff, which has resulted in it being improved here. Your bug reports are top quality <3
@Mistining chipped in as always and produced a nice new option during world gen. You're great too
Thank you all
And now the changelog (copy-pasta'd from Github, so most of the tags don't work). It's only small, but it's all about how you use it... Or so they say
And finally, as always, you can download this release (and others) on our Github Releases page
- Added evil type option during world creation (@mistzzt) - this means you can select between corruption and crimson!
- Bans can be sorted. TShock's default sorting will retrieve bans sorted from newest to oldest based on the date the ban was added (@WhiteXZ) - if you're a plugin developer doing stuff with bans, TShock now supports sorted ban retrieval.
- Resolved issues with mob and item spawning. Thanks to @OnsenManju for your investigative work (@WhiteXZ) - Ever wanted to spawn treasure bags, but only got slime bags? No more I say, no more! Get the bags you want, when you want.
- Patched a crashing exploit (@Simon311) - I won't go into too much detail, but it was a weird bug on Terraria's side. Fortunately Simon found a way to patch it. Good work
Page 1 of 12
Created by nicatronTg
- Feb 24, 2017
Hiya. We wanted to update you on Cloudbleed. First, it appears that TShock data was not found in any of the caching systems that were getting it.
Next, we wanted to update you on the password resets. Short version: They didn't go out to every user. Your account requires manual intervention to change your password if you did not get an email. We're working to send resets to all affected users in the breach window. The breach window appears to be users who logged in between September 22nd, 2016, and February 18th, 2017.
As always, you should practice safe password security using Two-Factor Authentication (which our forums are enabled for) and a password manager, like 1Password, KeePass, DashLane, or LastPass.
Created by nicatronTg
- Feb 13, 2017
If you've submitted a plugin recently, you've noticed an increased delay in plugin approval time. This is because the current requirements for approving plugins is decompiling each plugin update and validating that no malicious code is present in the plugin.
However, developers are extremely busy and can't always do this in a timely fashion. Should we remove plugin approvals, and let plugin developers upload plugins at will, without us checking them?
Please vote in this poll. If we have a majority of votes and at least 100 votes, we will take that action. If we don't get 100 votes, we will do nothing. Cheers!
Created by Wight
- Jan 3, 2017
It's finally here! The event you've all been waiting for!
Coming fresh to your servers in 2017, it's the inaugural release of TShock Mintaka!
Are you excited? I am.
This would not have been possible without the massively appreciated help of DeathCradle, and his OTAPI project. You're the best dude <3
- Compatibility with Terraria 18.104.22.168
- API: Version tick 2.0
- API: Reduced RAM usage by ~80MB (Large server) (@deathcradle)
- API: Added TSPlayer.KillPlayer() (@WhiteXZ)
- API: Added TSPlayer.Logout() (@ProfessorXZ)
- Fixed connections after max slot is reached (@DeathCradle)
- Fixed server crashes caused by client disconnections when attempting to read closed sockets (@Enerdy)
- Added some code to make trapdoors work better (@DogooFalchion)
- AllowCutTilesAndBreakables config option now correctly allows flowers/vines/herbs to be cut in regions without breaking walls (@WhiteXZ)
- REST: /status has been re-added. It will now always point to /v2/server/status and includes an upgrade field describing the newest status route (@WhiteXZ)
- REST: /v3/players/read now includes a muted field (@WhiteXZ)
- Fixed fishing quests not saving/loading correctly when login before join, UUID login, and SSC were enabled together (@DogooFalchion)
Any plugin compiled for an earlier version of TShock must be recompiled to reference this version.
ignoreversion will NOT work.
Because of this, any plugin listed as obsolete in the resource manager will NOT work with this version of TShock.
As always, you can download this release from our Github page.
Created by nicatronTg
- Nov 17, 2016
We've migrated away from the wiki for documentation. We're now using ReadMe.io with a generously provided open source license. The new docs can be found at tshock.readme.io and in the navigation bar at the top of the page. The old docs have been retired, and the wiki will eventually be removed.
There are some really neat benefits from using ReadMe. Right now, we have the documentation for the current version of TShock on there. However, in the top right hand corner, you'll eventually be able to change documentation versions depending on which version you're running. This means that we can update our documentation with each version, and you'll always have the historical record of what changed.
Moving to ReadMe is still a work in progress, especially when it comes to the REST documentation. We're working on that. However, we'd like to extend our thanks to everyone who helped move documentation over. In particular, @Da Bomber played a critical role in helping with the move. Without his help, we wouldn't be using ReadMe right now.
As always, we accept suggestions on any documentation pages. You can "suggest edits" on any page, and send us general feedback on here, on Slack, or on Twitter.
Page 1 of 12